July 7th, 2015
One of the biggest mistakes people make when selling a house, is not understanding real estate value. It doesn’t matter at all what you think your Downtown San Diego home is worth. The value of your Downtown San Diego Condo, and any improvements you made, is determined by buyers. What you enjoyed about your house is irrelevant when it’s time to sell it. Think in terms of what other people want, and use some of the following tips.
Downtown San Diego Condo Selling Tips:
- Know the Downtown San Diego market. Find out what other Downtown San Diego condos have sold for, and have those examples ready to show potential buyers.
- Decide on your minimum price – the price below which you will just not move. Work with any buyers who make an offer above it.
- Clean the most visible things first. If buyers fall in love with the house as soon as they enter it, they’ll forgive many minor issues.
- If you or your agent aren’t getting many calls, find out why. Is more advertising necessary, or is the price too high? Drop it fast, if price is the problem.
- Listen to comments of prospects. They will be more objective than you. If you hear several times that the kitchen is dark, white paint is an easy solution.
- Find out what the average sales time is for Downtown San Diego Condos. If your Downtown San Diego Condo is taking longer than average to sell, there is a problem. Usually it’s price.
- If there are any known problems, such as a leaky faucet, get an estimate for repairs. The buyer wants to move into a place that is worry free.
- Do any improvements that can realistically get you at least a two-to-one return on investment. If $300 to re-tile the bathroom is likely to add $600 to the sales price of the home, do it. Consider first those things that are most visible.
There are dozens of things you can do to sell your Downtown San Diego Condo faster, and get a better price. If you don’t have time to do them all, start with the ones that will offer the best return on investment.
Contact the Neuman & Neuman Team today to get started with the selling process.